Whenever there was a thunderstorm, the children at My First Skool (MFS) at Block 197D Boon Lay would run towards the windows to watch the rain fall. Noticing the children’s curiosity, teachers Yang Zizheng, Li Yun and Li Hongxing built a storytelling aid to help the children learn about water. Chronicling the story of a water droplet whose dream was to look at the sea, children learn about science, technology, art and Chinese language through the many engaging sections of the storytelling aid.
This storytelling aid bagged the third prize at the 2022 Pre-school Chinese Language Storytelling Aids Competition on July 9. In addition, teachers at MFS received four Commendation Awards. There were a total of 300 entries submitted for the competition.
Organised by the Committee to Promote Chinese Language Learning, the competition aims to encourage teachers to develop creative storytelling aids and teaching methods to stimulate children’s interest in listening to and telling stories.
This is a list of our awards:
- Third Prize – Yang Zizheng, Li Yun and Li Hongxing
(My First Skool at Block 197D Boon Lay)
- Commendation Award – Xie Yingying (My First Skool at 2 Punggol Drive)
- Commendation Award – Ma Yanping, Hong Yan and Wu Hong (My First Skool at Block 487 Segar Road)
- Commendation Award – Leow Sheue Siew, Xu Yan Li and You Xin (My First Skool at Block 82 Strathmore Avenue)
- Commendation Award – Huang Fang and Chen Feicui (My First Skool at 51 Fernvale Link)