A principal who allowed children from vulnerable backgrounds to better express themselves through art, and a principal who rallied her team of teachers to make transitions less stressful for young children. These are two of My First Skool’s (MFS) outstanding winners who were recognised at this year’s virtually held ECDA Awards 2021 on November 27.
A total of three early childhood leaders and two early childhood educarers from MFS were recognised at the virtual award ceremony.
The ECDA Awards for Excellence in Early Childhood Development recognises the exemplary achievements and accomplishments of educarers, teachers, early intervention professionals, leaders and centres that have excelled in their teaching and learning, and innovative practices in the early childhood sector.
This is a list of our winners and finalists for the ECDA Awards 2021.
1. Outstanding Early Childhood Leader (Winner) – Pearlyn Tan Pei Ling, My First Skool (997 Buangkok Crescent)
2. Promising Early Childhood Leader (Winner) – Sabirah Binte Mohamed Idris, My First Skool (80 Marine Parade Road)
3. Promising Early Childhood Educarer (Winner) – Sharifah Mastura Syed Daud, My First Skool (80 Marine Parade Road)
4. Promising Early Childhood Educarer (Winner) – Teo Ming Ai, My First Skool (997 Buangkok Crescent)
5. Early Childhood Innovation (Winner) – ‘The Move & Groove’ Project, Wendy Ong Kwee Lan, My First Skool (140 Serangoon North)